Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tortured Minds

Let me see if I’ve got this right. The same people who brought us partial-birth abortion, with its mind chilling devastation, now believe sleep deprivation, isolation, and exposure to cold are considered torture. Anyone who has nursed a child understands sleep deprivation, my friend Dave loves ice fishing – that’s exposure to cold, and I recall my father sending me to my room to “reflect” on the spanking I was about to receive – that’s isolation. Only a tortured mind could equate these simple acts with the horror The Falling Man experienced when he finally realized there was no exit, other than jumping from the window of the North Tower at 9:41 on September 11, 2001. Mr. President, reflect on this before you jump to a tortured conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment